The previous version of this site was done via Jekyll, with some customization to handle feeds, math and references from BibTeX. A few years on, technology, and my own workflow have moved along quite a bit, and getting the old versions of all tools needed to build the site wasn't super practical anymore, so I decided to move to a new setup:

  • I changed site generation to use 11ty. Mainly, this seems a bit faster than the old setup + reduces the number of programming languages used in the site by one. All is now done in HTML/CSS, Markdown, Javascript (and some templating).
  • I re-did the layout on top of purecss and removed the various Javascript dependencies. It's now a bit simpler and cleaner.